Firstly Congratulations on purchasing your new Modern Trailer.
- All our new trailers are covered by a structural Warranty.
- The Warranty entitles the original purchaser from the date of purchase and covers the chassis and drawbar only from fatigue and has a guarantee for a period of one (1) year from original date of purchase subject to the terms below:
- Modern Trailers retains the right to repair or replace any part which in the opinion of the manufacturer is defective due to faulty material or workmanship provided that the trailer has been operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and safe towing practices:
- Modern Trailers Warranty does not cover any trailer parts or accessories that are not manufactured by Modern Trailers.
All 3rd party parts or accessories are supplied with the Warranty terms & conditions and period provided by the manufacturer of any such parts or accessories.
Those accessories include but are not limited to:– Jockey Wheels
– Winches etc.
- All Warranty repairs must be performed during normal business hours at our ModernTrailers,
Factory 12 Sherriffs road Lonsdale 5160. Or at Modern Trailers Yard -1 levels road Pooraka SA 5095Warranty repairs carried out in other locations require prior authorisation From Modern Trailers. Unauthorised repairs are not covered under this Warranty.
- The purchaser is responsible to care for their Trailer in accordance with the ‘ModernTrailers Maintenance Guide’ found at the top of this page and on our invoices.
- The purchaser will be responsible for paying all service call fees or transport charges, and damages and loss incurred in connection with the transportation of the trailer to and from Modern Trailers premises.
- The following is not covered by Warranty in any way what so ever:– Paint
- Wheels & Tyres
– General consumables e.g. bearings, brakes, Wiring etc.
– Any other items deemed to be consumable
- This Warranty does not apply to any trailer which has been:a) subject to misuse, neglect, accident or alteration by any person.
b) damaged or destroyed by fire, flood, Act of God or other inevitable accident.
c) hired to any person or persons.
This Warranty is in addition to any rights or remedies the purchaser has under the Trades Practices Act or state laws.
- This Warranty is not offered on products sold at auction or as a demonstrator, factory seconds or on used products, unless with express written permission by Modern Trailers.
- Unless any addition or attachment to this product has Modern Trailers specific approval or is sold as a Modern Trailers product the Warranty on the trailer is waived. Trailers are designed to perform a specific task under established test loads and unauthorized attachments may produce stresses for which the design is not appropriate.
- Design, specifications and colours are subject to change without notice.
- Modern Trailers Structural Warranty may change at any time without notice.
TRAILER MAINTENANCE GUIDE
With the correct maintenance, you can prolong the life of your trailer for many years. Below is a guide to assist you with maintaining your trailer to keep your warranty valid.
After buying a new trailer:
Bolts & Nuts
– COUPLING BOLTS & ACCESSORIES
– SPRINGS / SHACKLE BOLTS
– WHEEL NUTS
– BEARING NUT
– U BOLTS
– Brake & calliper bolts
Ensure correct tension through regular servicing.
Every 6-12 months depending on usage)
If left unattended, incorrectly tensioned bearings can cause damage to your hubs and axles.
AXLES & SUSPENSION
Check all nuts and bolts are tight.
Check your axles for rust and treat them with a kill rust primer to prevent serious damage
Loosen or tighten the cable using the adjuster.
The cable should have just enough slack to fit your thumb between the hammer and cylinder.
WHEELS & TYRES
Ensure your trailers tyres are inflated to the correct PSI.